Monday, February 13, 2012

Hiking

I spent some alone time yesterday in the Santa Rita Mountains. It was gorgeous and oh so relaxing. I had some time to "talk" with God and also some time to reflect and just think in the quietness...

Driving up to Madera Canyon...

Hiking gear is a must! 100 oz Camelback and Chacos.

The beginning of my hike...


You can't really tell but its a long fall...

The woods were getting pretty dense. I kept "hearing" things and "seeing" bears. I'm such a chicken!

I had originally started my hike with the old Chaco's (which btw are the BEST hiking sandal in the world) but the hike was a little more rocky than I imagined.

Snack time!!

Tucson has this great gem and mineral show every year; I went this year and found this gorgeous mother-of-pearl butterfly ring. I've never really been into butterflies because of Mariah Carrey and her butterfly obsession, but this ring is just too gorgeous to pass up. 






 I tried getting shots of myself with the background, but man was I having some troubles.



Catalina Mountains






Where do you go to be alone? To just be quiet and think?

2 comments:

  1. There's this bench strategically place at the UofA. It's the best. I used to spend a lot of time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen you post on fb about said bench...we should hit it up before you graduate.

    ReplyDelete