Friday, December 28, 2012

Reflecting

Holy Frijol-e! It's been a few months, homies. And by a few months I mean five.  I have like 6 drafts sitting there in my blog queue ready to be published, but for some reason, I haven't been compelled to publish...I've been livin' life I suppose.

Based on the title of this blog it's safe for you to assume that I've been reflecting on this past year... I've been reading through my posts and all I can say is WOW! I can't even believe where I was at just 1 short year ago. I can't believe where my heart was...I seriously was bonkers!! Why didn't y'all let a sista know?!?! Just kidding, I was going through something pretty traumatic shizz; so me being as bonkers as I was, was pretty normal.

 I had to walk through it. I remember all my friends, and all the literature that I read said the same thing: "time will heal all wounds..." and "you have to walk through the pain..." and now that I am on the other side, it couldn't be more true. The pain and the hurt is so far removed from my heart and mind, that it's crazy to think that I went through what I went through. I am free. God is truly ever-faithful, and to Him I owe every ounce of gratitude. My very life has been sustained by Him. He is El Emunah (Hebrew: the Faithful God).

In a mere 8 days "Rey-Day"(my birthday) will be upon us, and I will be 29 years old. So, true to my nature, I shall make a big shebang out of nothing...I am not sure what to title this big shebang, but following are the two runner up titles for said "shebang":

"Journey to 30: ReyRey's 30-item "to do list" before hitting 30"

Or

"30 before 30"

(The second one is quite anti-climactic right?)

Anyway, in one year I must complete all 30 "to do" items from my list of 30. I'll be taking photos and blogging about each after I complete each to-do list. So far, I've come up with 18 items. They are as follows and in no particular order:

1. Visit the Grand Canyon (yes, I live in Arizona and have never been).
2. Try a pole dancing class (what for you ask? No particular reason). Don't tell my ma.
3. Do not weigh myself for 1 year (the scale is my crack and the thought of this is scary)
4. Run a marathon (I hate running, so it might get reduced to 1/2 marathon)
5. Go to an NFL game (I've never been, sounds fun).
6. Sew an outfit and wear it.
7. Kiss a brotha (I don't know, just curious).
8. Take "Pin-up" style photos.
9. Change the oil to my car (no, not like me taking it to jiffy lube. More like me getting under the hood and doing it myself).
10. Go white water rafting.
11. Go snowboarding.
12. Once a quarter, cook an international meal for friends and fam.
13. Sing on stage (besides church stage).
14. Read five classic novels.
15. Go to work (or out in public) without makeup (surely this will be a day of infamy)
16. Take a photo to create a montage of face and how it changes from my 20's into my 30's.
17. Read the entire Bible (I've skipped all the genealogies).
18. Give up a certain vice or addiction for one month, every month (i.e. Facebook in February; Microwave in May)

So, I need your help: if you have an idea, comment here or send me a message. I open for any ideas so long as they are not too expensive, and not something I have done before.

With that my homies, I pray you all have a Happy New Year! I am so excited for 2013. It's going to be a good one! Thanks for walking through this year with me...

ReyRey.






2 comments:

  1. If a 5k counts, it's only 3 miles, which is basically a trip around reid park! AND Red Cross is having a Run For Blood on like the 25th? I can send you the info :)

    Also, you remember Manda - she's big into pinup modeling and has a ton of connections! I can get you two talking! And she's a whiz with the hair/makeup/outfits etc. You'd look great doing it! I'm excited to see the outcome!!

    You can reach me on facebook and for the love of pete I think we need to exchange numbers, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty that is evident in every post. You have come a long way. I am running/jogging the Tucson Half Marathon in Dec. 2013 if you want to join in (no pressure). <3 ya.

    sam

    ReplyDelete